Monday, October 6, 2008

My nose.

Whatever it is that has taken over my nose can now leave. I don't know what it is or why it decided that it needed to afflict me with this pain but I am done with it. There are some positives. My nose is no longer large, swollen and red. It is however, dried out, scabby and itchy. Not just a normal itch here and there but an excruciating, want to jump in ice water, hot itchy. When I then itch it, my skin burns. Lovely I know. Not only this, but the itching has progressed from just around my nose to my right eye and temple. It feels like I have little bitty things crawling on me constantly.

Have you ever talked to someone who is continually itching themselves? Disgusting, right? Well give them a break. Sometimes it is uncontrolable. Lately I have had to continuously appologize for itching my nose all the time. I can't help it and I fell horribly rude as my hand seems to be permanently affixed to my face. Again, I say Yuck!

It is hard to concentrate on anything because of this. I finally broke down and decided to call the doctor. I left a message for the nurse and haven't heard back. Typical I suppose. I called my dermotologist who was happy to help, and could see me tomorrow anytime. The only problem with that is she is in Sequim and is in surgeries on my day off. Again, a lovely situation I am in. I have decided to wait it out. Maybe I will hear from the nurse at my primary care's office and she will be able to get me in to see my doctor tomorrow afternoon or on my lunch. Otherwise, I am just going ot have to wait it out and hopefully by next week it will be gone. I am not sure what shape I will be in if I have to live with this another whole week, but at the rate it has been going I am sure it will have progressed to something much more interesting if it is still around.

No comments: