Monday, October 13, 2008

Girls' Weekend

Just got home from my annual girls' weekend. What a blast to connect with friends I rarely see and to spend some time discovering a little bit more about who I am. I definitely learned more about myself this weekend and I look forward to putting what I have learned into practice. These weekends are a reminder to cherish the friendships that we have, to take care of them, nurture them and honor them. I so look forward to each year and this year was no different.

We came from all over to meet up in Leavenworth at their annual Oktoberfest, something none of us had ever gone to. The festival was fun, but what was more fun was just spending time with my friends.

One of the things I discovered is that putt-putt golf / mini golf is in no way a reflection of skill. I would go from one hole where I would shank the ball out of bounds, to the next hole where I would take the ball home in one stroke. No skill I am telling you. Maybe for others, but for me it was a matter of luck and whether or not the putt putt angels were with me.

I would highly encourage anyone who might be considering starting up a girls' weekend with their girlfriends to do it. It takes a little work, a little time, but it is well worth the effort.

1 comment:

Sammyfaye said...

I am soo happy that you had fun!!! i hope to see some pictures!!