Monday, October 20, 2008

Child Comment of the Month

Children are constantly reminding us of the most obvious things. They state things how they are without reservation.

Sunday at church we were sitting in our seats listening to a member of the congregation sing the song "I Can Only Imagine." I was explaining to Olyvia what the song was about. That the writer of the song was asking the question "what would I do if I came in the presence of God? If I saw Jesus, would I stand? fall on my nees?" I told Olyvia that the song was saying that they could only imagine what they would do. Olyvia said "But she'll be dead. If she is with Jesus, she is dead." The last part she almost was asking me. It confused her to think that someone was worrying about what they would do with their physical body when they saw Jesus because it was quite simple in her mind that if you were with Jesus you were no longer in your physical body. And if this is the case it is quite pointless to try to imagine what your physical body would do.

Sweet child, you see a truth many of us overlook.

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

I love your child! She is so smart. That song means so much to me, not only because of the message, but because it is the one Greg and Pat sang at Memaw's gathering we had. Everytime I hear that song I think of her and "what it will be like". It brings tears to my eyes whenever I really pay attention to the message of that song. Kids not only say the darndest things, but the most truthful things as well. I love you Olyvia!