Saturday, September 20, 2008

Spice Muffins

Wanted to share a little tip with all of you who try to watch your intake of fats but still love to enjoy homemade breads and cakes. Today my daughters and I made some spice cake muffins from a recipe I have had for a long time. In the recipe I always use applesauce instead of oil. I didn't have any applesauce at home but still wanted to make the muffins. I did have some pears. So I placed the pealed pears in the blender and blended until smooth. I then used this pear sauce in the muffins. It was great. It added a wonderful sweetness to the muffins and didn't require me to cook apples up to make sauce.

Anyway . . . next time you are making banana bread, zucchini bread, spice cake or the like and want to change things up a bit try using pear sauce instead of applesauce in place of the oil (or part of the oil).

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Yummy! Now I want to make homemade baked goods!