Monday, September 22, 2008

The ballancing act of being a mother.

Between work, girls, self, husband and home I find that a body can be pulled in multiple directions without actually getting pulled in half (or quarters). I have been so tired lately and I can't figure out why. I have been getting enough sleep at night. Like last night I got 8 hours of sleep but today I am exhausted. I have found that lately I just fell like I need more sleep. What I have decided is that it isn't that I am not getting enough physical sleep, I just have too much going through my mind at night that my sleep isn't productive. Trying to ballance all the places to be and take the girls and work and husband it is exhausting.

I know there are days when Robb and I don't actually talk about life to each other. If he is working in Seattle, I don't even see him in the morning and then after work it is dinner, getting the girls to bed, collapsing on the couch realizing that it is 8pm and then he heads to bed while I take some time to myself to read or pay bills or just do nothing. Although I have found that the do nothing option rarely ever happens. I have tried a few times to just sit and watch tv and I can't do it. I always have to be doing something else while I am watching tv. Like I might be paying bills, preparing a bible study, working on my Puerto Rico book (which by the way I have finished and am waiting for it to arrive. YAY!) or just organizing, putting away dishes, folding laundry, etc.

It is all part of being a mother, sacrificing self for family, giving up little pieces of my person so that my children are taken care of. What I am finding out though is that I have to be carefull not to give up my whole being otherwise I am not setting a good example of who I want them to be. I need to be strong in who I am and the example I set. I need to take care of myself. I need to remember to eat and not just make them food. :) I need to care for my appearance and take care of my physical body as much as I do my spiritual body. God has given us our bodies. We glorify him by taking care of them.

Odd to me why I write this all down. The comfort I find in taking hand to keyboard, As many in the past have done by taking pen to paper. Speaking of paper, I am oficially starting on my great grandmother's cookbook. I am very excited about it. Especially know that I have the software to put it together. I am waiting until I get the PR book in the mail and see how it turned out and if I like the quality. If so, then begin I will on putting all my great grandmother's recipies into a book that I can share with friends and family. What an amazing piece of art it will be. A little piece of the woman she was in a book that can be shared with those she loved and who loved her.

No comments: