Sunday, September 21, 2008

Coyote

Sitting here at my computer checking e-mail, entering dates into my calendar and paying bills. Unsuspecting at the least. I glance up to look out the window and there in our driveway is a coyote. Just trotting up the driveway towards our garden with no care in the world. Wilde for sure. We watched it for a few moments adn then ran into the girls' room so that they could see the coyote out their window. They were quite astonished as they hadn't ever seen anything like that before.

It is amazing. We work out in our yard all day knowing there are animals out there, but until I actually see one trotting up the driveway, I don't really think about it. We had to explain to the girls that they are really neat to look at, but that if they see one while they are out there they are to come directly into the house and not try to go up to it at all. One more thing I am going to be worrying about during the days while i am at work and they are here at the house. A small reminder of how hard it is to leave them, not knowing how well they are really being watched during the day.

No comments: