Sunday, September 14, 2008

Black Thong at Ft. Warden

We got back today from our annual camping trip to Ft Warden with Kim & Ray. It was great. We had an amazing time, the weather was awesome and it was great to spend time with them. We definitely need to see them more often. The sites we got this year were a lot better than in the past. One of our sites was against the bluff and the fire pit area was tucked in the trees. It gave us great privacy. The Michauds came out on Saturday for awhile and bar-b-qued with us which was great. We are hoping they will be able to join us for the entire weekend next year with their trailer. The Brauers came out for awhile as well and it was fun exploring the bunkers with them.

I have to give a big thanks to my youngest daughter for the wonderful experience she enabled me to have. I will elaborate further.

After hiking all around the bunkers, including touring one that they are in the process of restoring, we headed back to camp for a relaxing lunch. Had some lunch adn then decided it was definitely time to enjoy the beach. Ellie had been trying to get us to go to the beach from the minute we started on our walk to the bunkers. She thought the bunkers were highly overrated and that all the good action was to be had down in the sand. So we headed out with the guys ahead of us with their poles. The girls, as excited as they were to be going out to the beach, seemed to be going slower and slower the deeper the sand. We finally decided to stop following the guys and just cop a squat in the sand and let the girls play. We laid out a couple towels out and had a sit. Ellie came up, tossed a shoe down and went to go to the water. I said, "Ellie Claire, where is your shoe?" She said, "That is my shoe." I replied, "Yes, but where is your other shoe?" "Oh," she answered "I must have dropped it." Giving a smirk and a shoulder shrug she headed to the water. Reluctantly I stood up and declared that I better go find it so that it doesn't get covered with sand or something and I can't find it on our way back and I head back down the beach.

Unsure of which path off the beach we took, I passed the correct path and was heading towards another one when I realized that I was going the wrong way. I abruptly turned around and headed towards the path I had just past, when . . . ARGH! I was staring at a naked man. Was he naked? Well, at first I thought he was but upon further examination (trust me I wanted to look away but I was in so much shock that I had to get clarification) I realized that he was sporting two black strings. There was one around his waste and one that slipped from his tailbone down into the crack of his butt. Now mind you, this was not some hunk of a man who should be modeling Calvin Klein underware on a 20 foot billboard. This was some older man with too much hair and excessive love handles, lying on his stomach in the sand with sand on his but cheeks and two black straps on a family beach at Ft Warden or all places. I mean really, we are not in Hawaii. We are not even anywhere tropical. Put your clothes back on!

I quickly proceeded down the correct path, found Ellie's shoe and went back down the beach to the group. I arrived, exclaiming that I had discovered why Ellie had dropped her shoe. It was so that I could experience the hairy older man in the black thong. What other reason could their have been?

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Wow, incredible! Disgusting too. People need to have a sense of decency.