Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Vomit

I am exhausted. I am trying to remember how many times I was up last night and I can't. I know I was up at 12:00am because I remember looking at the microwave on my way from our room to the bathroom. Then there were other times - I remember seeing the clock again at 2:38am. There were actually two different times to get Olyvia waterwater. She was so sad, crying that her legs hurt too bad to walk to get water. Then I think Robb got up once to get her water at the same time I was up getting her water . . . all I remember is meeting up with him in the kitchen and realizing we were both getting her ice water. All this said, I spent from 2:00 to 4:00 this morning getting her water. She was so devastated and kept saying her legs hurt. I finally, a little after 4, was able to calm her down and get her back to sleep.

30 minutes later I was woken up by the sound of her throwing up all over her and her sister's bed. (Ellie had come into our bed sometime around 1 when Button decided that she wanted to sleep in our room. Ellie has to be where Button is. Ellie actually dragged Button's bed into our room.) I am not sure what it is about the sound of vomit that makes one move at warp speed, but I was out of the bed and into her room quicker than a fighter jet and was ushering her to the bathroom while she tried to keep her mouth covered with her hands. She was crying and I was trying to comfort her with my hands while keeping the rest of my body as far away from the front of her as possible. Plus, Olyvia hates to be icky so she was crying about the vomit being in her hair and seemed more upset over that fact then the fact that she wasn't feeling well.

I was able to get her to the bathroom where she threw up one more time in the bathroom sink. I then stripped her down to get new pjs for her. She immediately asked to take a shower so that she could "get the icky stuff off." I obliged of course, running a warm shower and letting her get in and rinse off, standing in the stream of warm water, while I went and got her some fresh pjs. By 4:45am I had her all dressed in fresh pjs and laying in bed with me. Ellie had finally calmed down - since once she heard Olyvia getting sick she started crying - and had moved over to Robb's side of the bed and Robb was now on the couch in the living room.

Olyvia immediately fell asleep and so did Ellie. I of course tossed and turned for the next hour and a half, keeping an ear open to any sounds from Olyvia that might sound like she was going to get sick again. Around 6:30 Olyvia was woken up by Robb saying his good byes and asked to watch cartoons. He got her all set up in the living room before he headed off. I finally gave up the hope of getting any sleep and headed to the shower to try and wake up.

Both my princesses are doing better now, sitting on the couch eating toast and watching cartoons. Ah to be young again and be able to regenerate energy at such a quicker rate.

No comments: