Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mischievous Ellie Claire

My youngest daughter again showed her mischievous side. Ever since she could make a facial expression she has been more sneaky than her sister but this was seen in full hysterical light yesterday while we are all having lunch here at the house. Wednesdays are my days to spend with the girls, go to doctors' appointments, and the like. Each of the girls had a doctor's appointment today and they went relatively well. It was confirmed that they are both growing like weeds and really show no sign of stopping. :)

We got home after the appointments and stopping to pick up pictures at Costco and I got to making lunch for us. I madea delicious Cabbage salad - YUM! Anyway, as I was trying to convince the girls to finish their lunch and quit playing while they were eating, I had to step away for a minute to use the bathroom. When I came back into the kitchen Ellie had one of the dinning room table chairs in the kitchen and was using it to stand up to the counter and pretend she was making stuff. Cute, but I asked her to please take the chair back to the table and finish eating her lunch. She quickly listened and began dragging the chair back to the table. Once she rounded the island/bar the chair started to make a sound along the floor. Once she got it pulled all the way to the door (having passed the table) she pushed it forward all the way to the bar again and pulled it backwards to get it to make the noise again. While doing this she was laughing to herself ever so quietly. Again, once she got to the door, she pushed the chair forward to the island and then pulled it back again. I asked her if she was doing that on purpose (even though I already knew the answer) and she just laughed. Then as she was on another trip with the chair away from the island towards the door, the chair made a different noise that she thought was even funnier and she started laughing hysterically. So now, she would pull it towards the door for one sound and push it towards the island for another sound, all the while giggeling loudly. By this point her sister had joined in on the laughing and admitedly I could barely contain my laughter as the whole situation was quite hilarious.

I finally had to go and take the chair from her to get her to stop pushing and pulling the chair across the wood floor and get her to sit up to the table and finish her lunch.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Can't say that I was much help! :) I was laughing to hard...