Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics here we come!

Just this last week while my dad was in Alaska, I took the opportunity to take his ongoing prescheduled training appointments. I think I may have been on something at the time I reluctantly agreed to it, but I know that it was good for me and it also showed me the amount of exercise I am not getting that I should be getting.

Robb and I do not have the financial ability at this time to get a trainer, but what we do have is access to beautiful mountains, valleys and rivers. So, I purchased the book 'Day Hikes: Olympic Peninsula' and have put a bunch of hikes on our calendar. I decided that we love the outdoors and we want our children to love the outdoors as well so we need to get out in them more often. Our first hike is going to be this Sunday to Halfway House. I will make sure to keep you all posted on how it goes and how the girls do, posting pictures as well.

No comments: