Monday, September 28, 2009

Time all to myself.

I tried to have free time all to myself last night. I made two big mistakes. The first was thinking I could get some free time to myself and the second was actually attempting it.

I decided to take a bath and maybe even work a Sudoku or read some of my book that I haven't been getting to (A Tree Grows In Brooklyn). I ran a nice hot tub while listening to my youngest beg over and over and over again to please come in the tub with me. Lip out and everything. I asked her ever so nicely to please give mommy just a few minutes of quiet time in the tub and then she can join me. I admit I was probably begging just a little. My sanity needed the time.

As I lower myself into the tub ever so slowly enjoying the nice hot warmth of the water, I hear my oldest say "where are the kitties?" This may seem like a normal questions, except that we have a pretty small house and if they can't be found chances are they escaped to outside and that would be bad. I listen for a little and am hearing no sense of urgency to find the little kitties and so out of the tub I go to assist in the hunt. I ask my wonderful husband if he has looked in the cubby and under the desk to which he replies "yes." So I skip those locations and look everywhere else. This included walking around outside wrapped in a towel with my husband's slippers on calling our two new kitties. The humor in that is that they probably don't know their names yet so I am not sure what good I am doing by calling their names. Back upstairs I go. Again I ask Robb if he looked under the desk and he replies "yes." I look in all the cubbies, under the beds, in cupboards, under couches and everywhere else I can think of except under the desk because Robb is adamant that he checked there.

By this time I am starting to get frustrated. My bath water is getting cold I just know it and the amount of time I have for some alone time is slipping away while I search for the kitties. I decide for the heck of it to look under the desk. Guess what? There they were looking up at me with their big eyes all sprawled out enjoying some lazy alone time. With that I stood up, practically fuming. So upset that precious minutes from my alone time had been stolen. I went to the bathroom and locked myself in. Lowered myself back into the tub and sank all the way under the water. I didn't want to hear anything except my own breathing for as long as possible.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Your last two posts crack me up! Laughing out loud and had to retell the cat box story to Paul - been there! Thank you though, Kyle has been asking for a "baby cat" and you helped me to remember that I do not want any :) I'll stick with my chickens for now.

Kerrie said...

Love you and your blogs. :)