Friday, October 9, 2009

Testing my patience.

I really am not sure if I am winning. In fact, I am pretty sure that I am loosing the test my oldest daughter is currently putting me through. It is as if she knows when I am on my last nerve or can no longer take the arguing or screaming or fits because it is then that they get worse or louder or totally unbearable. I know that this is not only a test for me but a lesson for her as well. Each moment is a teaching moment. How I react is going to teach her how she should behave in the future. I understand that. My question is how do I survive the process?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

By remembering that each phase shall to pass and that she won't be testing you in this way forever. Just in a different way. :)

Pixie said...

Jessica, how old is O now? We noticed that Emily hit an extremely volatile patch (emotionally) from about 6 to 9 years old. She's calming down some and maturing, but it really felt like having a teenager!

Now that Katie has turned 6, she's also gone into a (slightly more tame) version of what Emily went through--lots more screaming and anger and crying and so forth than before. At least we were prepared this time around. So when I read your post, I just wondered if O was in that same age bracket. I am always encouraged to know that other moms deal with the same issues we do! (((Hugs,))) mama!

jessica said...

yes Christa, O is 6. I think some of it has to do with being in school full time. The things she brings home to try out - they sure are lovely. We have been doing a little better the last week or so - I am trying to spend more time with her one on one. At least as much as I can. I think that is helping. Oh and good amounts of sleep on her part are a HUGE help.