Monday, October 12, 2009

Nightmares.

My oldest had her first nightmares last night. It was such a sad moment. She woke up and came in our bedroom with tears covering her face. I pulled her up onto the bed and she cuddled on my lap crying. I asked her what had happened and she just told me that there were scary dreams about spooky things. So we laid there and talked about all the good happy things she could dream about for the rest of the night while her daddy rubbed her back. These were some of the suggestions that came up:

1. Butterflies.
2. Wild horses
3. Unicorns
4. Rainbows
5. Disneyland (This was a top choice for Olyvia. She said it was probably the best idea.)
6. The beach
7. Being on TV with Rachel Ray (Another very good idea in Olyvia's book.)
8. Cuddling with mommy (This was one of my favorites.)
9. Fields of flowers.
10. Her new kitties.

After this discussion she was in a much better mood and ready to go off to her bed and dream about Disneyland and Rachel Ray.

No comments: