Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nighty night nap time.

I have definitely been blessed with two totally different children. My oldest has never been too fond of naps. I can't remember a nap where I didn't have to rub her back or her feet or her face or arms. She just loves to be sung to, cuddled and for me to run my fingers along her skin. There have been quite a few times that I have actually fallen asleep doing this only to be woken up by her exclaiming to "keep rubbing mommy." And so when my youngest came along I was sure nap time would be the same process. I was wrong. My youngest LOVES her naps. In fact she gets quite upset and sad when she doesn't get them.

This year is my sweet E Claire's last year of preschool. They meet 3 afternoons a week from 12:30 until 3. I am not sure whos idea it was to have it in the afternoon right at her nap time, but she doesn't like it. Every morning she will ask, "Is it a school day today?" If I answer yes I automatically get a sad face and the retort "that means no nap today, huh mommy?"

Now don't get me wrong she thinks school itself is fabulous but she loves her naps WAY more. On school days I will pick her up and she asks me if I have her blankie because she needs "nighty night nap time." I figure this is my ballance for my O who doesn't want anything to do with naps or going to bed at night.

Gotta love their differences. :)

No comments: