Monday, March 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Our flight landed just before 11pm last night at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. After waiting for a passanger to be offloaded from the plane due to a medical emergency, we were off to baggage claim to get our bags and make a dash for the ferry. We pulled into the dock just before 1:30am and were greeted by my dad who had come to pick us up in the Jeep. Upon arriving at my parents house we decided to just crash there for the night instead of heading straight home. As I leaned down to give the girls hugs while they were nestled in their slumber, Olyvia tucked her arm around me and with a huge smile said "Mommy!" There is nothing like that sound. Ellie didn't stir and after giving tons of hugs and kisses to Olyvia I told her we would catch up more in the morning and to go back to sleep.

Our trip was fabulous and I can't wait to share the pictures and adventures with you all. From the day spent exploring possible beaches for the wedding, to the actual wedding itself. We also couldn't possibly forget the adventureous trip along the Hana highway and around the island.

I will be posting the pictures soon so be watching for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, I'm not sure who is getting married, but it sounds like from your posting that someone is getting married in Maui and you went to help them find a site? (Only Hana Hwy I know is in Maui). Anyways, Matt & I went to a wedding in Haiku, Maui last June and it was beyond beautiful. I wanted to send you the link for the place, it is an old sugar mill ruin, and it was GORGEOUS. They had chandeliers hanging from the trees (the mill is missing the roof), white couches on the grass, and more architectural details than I can describe. The site is:http://www.haikumill.com/

The reception we attended was not tented, and the top of the mill was strug w/ grape vine wreaths & white lights.

Just thought I'd pass the info along on the off chance it would be of some help. Happy to hear you had a great trip! Amber

jessica said...

Hi. Yeah, Kim McHugh was married on a small beach just north of Napili on Thursday evening just before sunset. We arrived there on Monday and Tuesday we explored the north end of the island looking for the perfect beach. What we found was fabulous and just what she was wanting. A small intimate wedding. The beach was pretty private which was nice as well.

Thanks for the input on Haiku Mill. I will have to check that out just for future information. Sounds like it was a magnificent place. Thursday was low key and definitely maui style. Robb's favorite catch phrase from the week was "living aloha bro."