Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Taking the Wax to Robb.

When Robb and I were married, there was no chest hair or back hair to speak of. For that matter there was very little leg or arm hair. (He was a later developer.) This was a fact that I loved and as we got older and he started to accumulate hair on his back and chest I would casually mention to him that there were places to go where he could have that "stuff" removed. He always replied with something along the lines of "Not in this lifetime." Since I didn't see us having another one, I was pretty sure that it wasn't going to happen but that didn't stop me from mentioning it time to time.

Just the other night was one of those times. Sunday evening I said, "hey, lets try waxing your back." With each spread of wax I could see him tense and with a quick pull the hair was gone. It was magnificent. There were some gasps and little exhales of breath, but all in all Robb remained pretty calm. The back went so well that when we were done I asked if he wanted me to try his chest. All I got was a 2"x3" area of wax on, placed the cloth making sure to rub in the direction of the hair, and with one quick pull I ripped off the piece of cloth, the wax and the hair all while simultaneously Robb flew up into the air and through the roof. Ok, so Robb didn't go through the roof but he might as well have. That ended our wax session.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well isn't he just the trooper! I'm pretty sure that Eric would have NOTHING to do with any type of wax! :-D

Kerrie said...

Haha, I can just picture Robb flying through the roof! Good story. So now he has one strip hairless, that'll be a fun tan line.