Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Question for December

We are in a new month. Any of those well used sayings about time flying by fast would fit in here. "Life is too short" or "The older you get the faster time goes by". In truth, time doesn't actually go by faster as we get older. It is that as we get older we busy our time more. There are more responsibilities, bills to pay, children to feed. We start to realize that no matter how much we do, we will never be able to do everything we want to by the time we die. I have recently come to the realization that there are just too many books out there to read and not enough time to read them all. This said, what I do know is that it does in fact seem like time is going by faster. Because of this I think it is our job to make sure that we are spending our time wisely. We need to be doing things that are important to us and leaving our mark on this world in the best way we can. I am constantly asking myself this question. When encouraging my children or when teaching them I ask myself what mark I want to leave on them and then proceed accordingly. How we speak to others, to our children, to our family, to strangers or how we react to situations, how we serve others and ourselves and what we occupy our time with all comes together to make up the mark we leave on this world.

My questions for December are these:
What mark are you leaving on this world?
Is it the one you want to be leaving?

No comments: