Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Four Christmases

Last night Robb and I went with my parents to the movie Four Christmases. The movie was hilarious. I think that we fully enjoyed it because there were many parts of it we could relate too. I find myself often wondering why it is that we put ourselves into a frenzy to go everywhere and see everyone on the holidays. This movie helped bring to light some of the reasons in a playfull and humurous way. I would highly recommend it.

This year we are trying to find a ballance between seeing everyone for the holidays and having some time just the four of us at home enjoying time with each other. This is not a simple thing to do. I have finally realized that you can't please everyone. . . Robb is still working on that realization. We will see how this holiday season goes. :) I know that whatever happens we are very blessed and I just thank God for all that we have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric and I have been talking about going to see that movie because we have a total of FIVE Christmases in 2 days....four of which are actually on Christmas Day. :-S It makes for a little bit of stress and tiredness but it is well worth it. I'd rather take all the time and effort to see all of our family then to regret it later on in life.

Your girls will appreciate all your effort at Christmas when they get older. Think of all the memories you're passing on! No matter how nutty family members can be, it's well worth it in the end!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

I saw this movie a few weeks ago and thought it was super funny, too!