Thursday, December 11, 2008

What is a Copper Moment?

It is hard for me to even begin to explain this last weekend. I suppose that is why it has taken me so long to sit down and write a post about it. I have barely talked about it at all because I have been trying to process the layers that I crammed into my brain over the two day workshop.

What I have decided first and foremost is that Me Ra and Brian are amazing. Their graciousness to the wonderful group of women that I was blessed to be a part of was amazing. They literally sat us down and taught us as much as they could in two days.

Second, I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY! I love the idea of capturing life and being able to go back to that moment in time, that memory, and seeing it for what it was. The little things we forget or, overtime, change. Maybe we don't remember quite how it happened or the exact facial expression that occurred. Maybe we are thinking back to a vacation we went on and so we pull out our photos. We do this because these photographs have captured for us the moments we can't quite remember. The ever changing moments that remain fluid in our mind until we see one of these pictures.

What do I want to do with this . . . I want to take pictures. So it is decided. So it is done. The first thing I would need to do is come up with a name for this "business." How does one do this? How does one take all their passion for something and turn it into one or two words? Jump in I suppose.

There are a few things in my life that are of the most importance. God. My family. My friends. I knew that I wanted my title to somehow encompass my love for my children because it is those two beauties that got me taking pictures again but I also wanted my name to represent why I want to take pictures. My girls have beautiful copper hair. Taking this word and knowing a little about copper because of my families' business, I began to realize that copper is a perfect example of what i love about photography. Copper in its molten form is fluid and as it cools it becomes molded into the last position it held. As a photographer it is my job to capture the fluidity of life's memories.

This blog is a compilation of a bunch of the Copper Moments in my life. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Stepheni said...

I love the business name! your reason for naming it is similar to how I named my business. Cheers to you and your future behind the camera!

Liza J. said...

I love the business name! Very original! And the definition, the reason you put it all together, great job! It was great meeting you by the way. :)