Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I just want a hug"

A simple saying like "I just want a hug" can have so much more meaning. I am waiting for dinner to finish cooking and while doing so am watching the girls attempt to beat up on their dad. They both go at him, full steam ahead, at the exact same moment. Olyvia meets with resistence and her sister is there instantly to comfort her and reassure her that they can take him on. And so, without further coddeling of each other they are at it again, full steam ahead right for him.

Robb trying to be the adult in the situation decides this isn't a safe activity to do in the kitchen with dinner cooking and all and so moves to our living room . . . where the wood stove is. Interseting choice as opposed to the bedroom where there are no hot devices.

So they have moved into the living area and I hear Ellie say in her sweetest voice, "I just want a hug" and she goes in for her hug and at the last minute pounces on him. This continues until Robb decides that he has to bring it to a close so he can get a rest. Their laughter however is infectious and it permieates into your being and he can't help but start laughing as well which then becomes his weakness. He is then at their mercy because he too is laughing too hard to gain control. It is as if they prey on this weakness, doing things to just make you laugh harder.

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

I love it! Man I miss the girls and my kids, well Logan and Ky. Only a week and a half!