Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Moon

The new movie in the Twilight series is out with mixed reviews. I am not one of the avid readers of the books, but I admit I did see the first movie (only after I could get it on demand and watch it in my own home) and actually enjoyed it. Was it an epic? Definitely not. Did it entertain? Yes. Isn't that what a movie is supposed to do?

For all those out there that were upset that it didn't follow the books exactly, did you really think it would? I tend to set my sights low when a movie comes out after a book. Books are always so much better. Plus if you go into it just expecting an entertaining movie and not the book you are usually much more satisfied.

I think there is only once that I have read a book, seen the movie and they were almost identical. In fact I remember being in the movie theatre, having forgotten that I had read the book, and I thought I had seen the movie before. Amazing.

No comments: