Saturday, November 28, 2009

What are you thankful for?

What an amazing holiday. I truly love Thanksgiving. I love to have a holiday dedicated to remembering all that we have to be thankful for. I think too often we have holidays that have been taken over by the consumer world and I really love that Thanksgiving is, above all else, a holiday to say Thank You.

I encourage you all to look at your lives and see all that you have to be thankful for. Family, friends, a home a job, there are many reasons to be thankful. Even when we feel like our world is being turned upside down, it can be helpful for us to focus on those things we are thankful for.

I am so thankful to God for my girls. My girls get bigger and bigger each year and I am thankful I am able to watch them grow and watch them experience so much. With each new thing it is as if I am experiencing it for the very first time. Love it.

I am also thankful to God for my husband. He is amazing and wonderful and I love each and every day we have together. I love the life we have together and the life we are building.

I am thankful for my entire family, my work, for the outdoors, for gardening, for crafts and time with friends. Thank you God for truly blessing my life with amazing things and for giving me a holiday where instead of focusing on the things that I feel are going wrong or the struggles I might be facing, I can rejoice in all that I have to be thankful for.

No comments: