Monday, December 7, 2009

Looking forward to Christmas Eve.

I realized this weekend that I have yet another reason to be excited for Christmas Eve, other than the fact it is the night before Christ's birth. This will be the first year since our kids were born that we are going to have dinner at our house. In fact, it may very well be the first Christmas Eve that we have had dinner just us since Robb and I were married over 13 years ago. I am so excited. The girls and I will be able to get dinner ready, get all dressed up for service, go to service and then come home to a fabulous dinner just the four of us. Then the girls will be able to take baths, get in pjs, leave out goodies for Santa, say our prayers and thanks for our many blessings and get all tucked into bed at a decent time. I almost can't express with words the excitement I have for this. I didn't even know it was possible.

How about you? How do you normally spend your Christmas Eve? Are you busy like we have been in the years past, visiting family and friends near and far? I would love to hear how you spend your holidays. What parts do you look forward to?

No comments: