Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Naked Girl Running!

My plan was to take a couple minutes and check my e-mail. We had just finished making pepermint frosting for the brownies I will be taking to the PUG meeting later this evening. I get the computer on, click open Outlook and no sooner have I done this I hear screaming and feet stomping as the girls go running across our garpartment like a herd of hyenas. Do hyenas even travel in herds? Maybe a pack of hyenas. Either way, screaming, yelling, laughing, and yes one of them is naked. Why? I don't know. I think she was changing into a skirt. . . Yes, I am pretty sure that is what was happening. However, midway through she was distracted and the chase began. Every minute or so I get slammed into by bodies, almost falling off the exercise ball that we use as a chair for our desk.

I am sure that any minute now there will be crying, someone will have gotten hurt and my skills will be called into action. Until that time I suppose I just try to keep them away from things that will cause permanent physical damage, like the fireplace or stove and try to encourage calmer play.

At one point my oldest slams into me with her finger in her mouth and a smile on her face. I ask he why she is smiling and all she says is "That frosting is gooood!" Having cut sweets out pretty much altogether, the sight of frosting about sent them into overload and she just couldn't help herself.

Listening to them play brings a smile to my face. I can't help but enjoy listening to them interact with each other. The love they have for each other and the pure joy they have in just being kids. The simple things that make them laugh are warmth for my heart. I hope you all get to enjoy the sound of children playing because there truly is nothing like it.

3 comments:

Sammyfaye said...

I know exactly what you mean, There is nothing like the smile of a child. It can seriously change your whole day around!!! I cant wait till i have children of my own till i can have that connection.

Sammyfaye said...

I know exactly what you mean, There is nothing like the smile of a child. It can seriously change your whole day around!!! I cant wait till i have children of my own till i can have that connection.

Kerrie said...

I miss my coppertops!!!