Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Children are amazing.

Recently good friends of ours welcomed into their lives their very first baby. Watching them adjust to the new little one and seeing an infant again reminded me of when I became a mom and got me thinking about our role as parents. What an amazing thing!

As a mother I realize that I am not perfect, that no mom can possibly be. This realization has also brought to light the fact that as children (and sometimes even as adults) we expect our parents to be perfect. We often give them a hard time, especially as teens. We expect more from them than we should. I fear that as a teenager I most likely fell into this camp. I am very greatfull to my parents for putting up with me and continuing to see that I learned what I needed and put me on a path to become the woman I am.

So I send out a resounding CONGRATULATIONS to all you new parents or soon to be new parents. What an adventure you are embarking upon. Enjoy every minute of it and don't be too hard on yourself.

No comments: