Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finding a Nanny.

The current battle I find myself fighting is that of finding a new person to come and watch my girls while I am working. This is a battle I feel like I have been in since Stephanie left early in the year. I have been blessed with girls home from college and family friends to watch the girls for peiods of time since February, but I am now in search of one person that will hopefully be with us until both the girls are in school. Tonight I had three interviews scheduled and only actually met with one girl. One rescheduled and then one didn't show up at all.

It is so hard to find just the perfect person. Someone you trust to leave your children with. It is so hard to leave them at all and I suppose in a perfect world one wouldn't have to. But, at the same time I think it is good for them to have someone else that cares for them and develops a love for them, extending their circle of people that take care of them.

One thing that has been great this time around is that I discovered www.care.com which is a Christian website where people can sign up to get information on nanny jobs in the area or about nanny's looking for jobs. There are also areas on the site for house cleaners, pet sitters and more. It has been great as I have actually set up interviews with quite a few girls who have their listing on the site. I am sure that God will send me that right person that will be wonderful for my girls. Mainly I just have to survive the process.

For sure this time around it is going much better than when we initially interviewed Stephanie. During that process we interviewed a couple in their 70's that wanted to work as a team to watch the children, a little scary, as well as the woman who didn't have custody of her own 13 year old child while also having a record for multiple drug posessions, YAY! God is definitely helping me out with many more qualified people. Now it is up to Robb and me to make a decision on one.

No comments: