Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Afternoon Hugs

One of my most prized moments in life is at the end of the day. When I come home from being gone all day to find the house cleaned up, the kitchen ready for dinner to be made and my little ones screaching with joy to see me. My youngest runing up to me and flinging her arms wide open, clasping her fingers behind my head and lifting her toes off the ground. As if she is giving me her whole self. Hugging and kissing me and telling me how much she missed me. There is nothing more wonderful than the complete love of a small child.

My oldest is starting to get more reserved with her hugs, but they are still their in their fullness. She comes to me slower, more grown up, wrapping her arms around me slowly and then gradually letting her legs go limp. She is still giving her whole self to me, showing me she loves me with all parts of herself, but in a much more calm manner than her younger sister; she is becoming grown up and with that more reserved.

No comments: