Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No More Babies.

I don't have any more babies. Last night my husband and I are making dinner and in the blink of an eye our youngest daughter is on the counter sitting there and munching crunchy noodles. I didn't think much about it until my husband said, "did you see that? Ellie, get off the counter please." She then got down. "Now get back up there." She vaulted herself up onto the counter and started munching away at her crunchy noodles. I couldn't help but start laughing. She is definitely out little monkey. This morning she climbed into, yes into, the fridge to pick out her own yogurt.

Above all else this has brought it home for me that I no longer have babies. My beautiful girls don't need my help as much as they used to. They are getting more and more independent as the days progress. It is sad but at the same time, oh so exciting. I love to watch them grow and learn more things and they are so excited to show me all that they are learning. I can't wait to see they next thing one of them comes up with.

No comments: