Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My little graduate.

The last few weeks have been so busy I finally realized that I haven't been keeping you all as up to date as I would hope. One of the most poignant moments in the last few weeks was when my oldest, Olyvia, received her diploma from Kindergarten.



I can hardly believe she is old enough, but old enough she is. Tomorrow will be her 6th birthday. She is so excited she has been counting each day since the 1st of July. This evening as I was tucking her into bed she says to me, "Mom, tomorrow is day 8! My birthday." A huge smile across her face, her hands in tight little fists and her whole body shaking with excitement. Then she continued "and then day 9, and then day 10 and then..." a squeal of glee, "day ELEVEN!" I asked her "what is day 11?" She exclaimed with astonishment, "Mom, my party." Oh yeah, that's right. I had almost forgotten.

Poulsbo Elementary did something that I really liked this year. Instead of having some sort of graduation ceremony where they all get into caps and gowns, they had a picnic and all family was invited. It was great. Here are some pics of the girls playing and enjoying an afternoon picnic to mark the end of Olyvia's first year of school.





No comments: