Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Olyvia Renae!

Turning 6 has to be pretty amazing. What a great age to be. There is playing, food, cake, friends family and presents. However, after the blessed event we have decided not to combine Olyvia's birthday party with our summer bar-b-que again because she tends to get a big head. Her comment to us the morning of July 11th was, "when are all my people going to be here." The task of teaching humility and graciousness is upon us.

She was extra excited though and it was such a delight to watch her in her excitement each time a new friend arrived. She would go running up to them and attack them with the biggest hug ever and then lead them to show them everything there was to show them.

Robb did a great job at being host and I tried to remain focused to make sure everything went off without a hitch and that I took pictures to capture the day. A task in itself with kids running every direction and adults everywhere. It was great fun however and everyone seemed to have a nice time. Weather was wonderful right up until the thunder clapped and the rain poured around 7pm. By then, however, most of the party had dispersed.



The Cakes
My wonderful husband stayed up late with me helping me to make the cakes. He made all the frosting and then was my assistant in getting them decorated.





No comments: