Monday, January 6, 2014

where'd you go, bernadette by maria semple


Wow!  An emotional roller coaster of characters.  I enjoyed reading Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple.  A thoroughly humorous look at the many facets of Bernadette's life; an artistically successful architect who struggles with her own inner demons while raising her daughter in a city she very much dislikes while her husband basks in his own stardom at Microsoft.   Refreshingly written through a series of letters, emails and memos; I loved how we get to see the story from so many of the characters' points of view.

** Although I wouldn't rate this as a 'must read', it was definitely a book I would recommend.  A fun story that kept you guessing what was next. A little piece of me wants to be a little more like Bernadette.

No comments: