Sunday, May 19, 2013

"the art of racing in the rain" by garth stein :: literature

I came across this novel at Barnes & Noble and was intrigued by the simple fact that it is a story written from the point of view of a dog.  I mean how can that not be intriguing? A local author from Seattle, Garth Stein did an amazing job.  From the turning of the first page I fell into the story being told, loving how it made me laugh, cry, get mad and rejoice.  I look forward to getting ahold of his other two novels and diving into them.



**** I would definitely recommend this book to all adults.  The skill involved in writing from the dog's perspective really is amazing.  If you have an aversion to car racing you might want to skip it simply because there are a lot of comparisons made between life and racing and a lot of references to pro drivers and their careers.  I recently saw a preteen version of the book I would be intrigued to review that.  The original version is definitely not kid appropriate. 

No comments: