Monday, January 14, 2013

"testimony" by anita shreve :: literature

Every day we are faced with decisions that not only affect us, but can and do have an impact on the many people that surround us.  Testimony looked at this phenomenon.  It showed the utter devastation that can come from a decision made by two people; the far reaching affects of a decision made to fulfill one's selfish desires.

Testimony by Anita Shreve starts with a graphic event that I have to admit was slightly shocking and almost made me put the book back on the shelf.  After finishing the book I was glad that I stuck with it.  It really made me think about the decisions we make and how what seems like one simple decision can have complicated results.

***A good read. Intriguing. I would recommend this to anyone who appreciates reading a novel with a puzzeling plot.  The twists and turns will keep you guessing the entire time and bring you to an end that you were never expecting. 

No comments: