Saturday, August 6, 2011

on our way to being 'old macdonald'

If someone had told me years ago that I would have a farm, I would have told them they were crazy. I wanted to be a city girl; live in a high rise, have a job as an attorney in some tall building, dinner parties and late nights out with friends . . . . not exactly how it turned out and I am so glad. Loving my life on the farm for sure.

I love being able to get out into my garden and see the results. I headed out there the other day with my iPhone to play around with my instagram ap. Loving the depth of the results. So much fun. I will definitely be playing around some more with this.





Now our farming doesn't stop at the garden, oh no. Last year we decided it was time to add chickens to our family and add chickens we did. We now have 8 lovely hens and 1 rooster we could quite possibly live without.


And our family of hens wouldn't be complete without Lemon Drop, and all of her feisty glory.



Not only is having a little farm fun because of all that our girls are learning and the stress relief we get by working in our garden, but it allows us to share the overabundance with family, friends and even those we do not know. What an amazing thing we are able to teach our children!

No comments: