Monday, April 4, 2011

how i planned your wedding

Invited by my mother, I went to Eagle Harbor Books on Bainbridge Island to hear Susan Wiggs and Elizabeth Wiggs Maas read from their new collaboration. As many of you know, I have always loved weddings. Every part of them from the engagement to the planning and execution. I have an especially fond love for capturing these most amazing events so that they can be reminisced over for years to come. So, even though I have been married for over 14 years and am not in any way planning a wedding I was excited to go and hear the perspectives of this mother and daughter as they planned Elizabeth's wedding. At the time of the reading I had only heard excerpts from the book that my mother had read to me as I had not myself purchased the book yet. Since that time, I have acquired the book and read it in its entirety.

How I Planned Your Wedding is a exceptionally well written fun read. You get to hear Elizabeth's voice and Susan's voice as they encounter the many areas a bride unfolds during the process of planning her wedding. Hearing both the perspective of the bride and that of the mother of the bride adds a new dimension to this book that I believe will be well received. It reads like a story, but is filled with all the great information a bride is looking for as if told to her by her best friend. Oh, and it is hilarious.


*** I give this book a three star rating because it is very audience specific. If you are in the midst of planning a wedding, about to become engaged, or recently married you will love this book. I highly encourage you to pick it up either as a great tool as you embark upon the wedding industry or as a reminder of all that you went through while planning your wedding. The sneak peak we get as readers into the mother daughter relationship that is shared is wonderful.

No comments: